Straw ban - an overview of the EU single-use plastic ban
In May 2018, the EU Commission adopted a new measure to contain single-use plastic products. Since July 03, 2021 This ban now applies to everyone in Germany. Companies need to rethink and find new ways to develop more sustainable hospitality . In the long term this can new law so as chance are understood to reposition themselves and take advantage of the Changes to pull.
HALM glass straws for hospitality
Basically, it is not only worthwhile for the sake of the environment but also for reasons of coste Reusable alternative to switch, because every production consumes resources, even if they are of natural origin or even recycled. In the classic hospitality are the HALM is also a real eye-catcher , not just in Bars, restaurants and Cafes , also in Hotels , for Catering events or Weddings they are perfect.
The acquisition costs of a reusable straw are higher, but it is Lifetime significantly longer , whereby recurring procurement costs can be saved. The HALM are also hygienic, HACCP-compliant and just im Dishwasher clean . By the high stability and robustness they also offer long-term added value.
The special HALM is absolute tasteless and free from any toxins. Through years of experience and double quality control in production, the most stable and safest variant for a sustainable drinking experience.
Save money with HALM
Thanks to a long service life and reusability, HALM saves a lot of replacement HALM
The HALM glass straw advantages at a glance
Plastic-free, hygienic, HAACP-compliant, good-looking. Why HALM glass HALM glass straws in the hospitality
Disposable plastic ban 2021 - the law at a glance
More than 80% of the litter in the sea is plastic . Europe alone produces about 25 million tons of plastic waste a year. the European Union now wants to reduce this plastic in the sea by the Fight climate change . To do this is the promotion of reusable, recycled Reusable alternatives and the ban on certain single-use and microplastic items is important.
- Ban on the sale of single-use plastic products since July 3, 2021
- Manufacturers are obliged to use recycled material or to produce recyclable products
- Manufacturers share in the costs of disposing of the old plastics
What about the one-way plastic ban in 2021no more permitted?
- Plastic straws
- Plastic dishes (plates, bowls)
- Plastic cutlery (forks, knives, spoons, and chopsticks)
- Basically all single-use plastic products for which there are already environmentally friendly alternatives
- Stir sticks
- Packaging for hot food and drinks made of styrofoam (polystyrene)
- Plastic balloon sticks
- Plastic cotton swabs
- Bioplastic alternatives (bio-based and biodegradable plastic products, e.g. bags, straws, packaging)
What is still allowed for the disposable plastic bot in 2021?
- Reusable solutions made of glass, stainless steel, deposit systems
- Disposable food packaging and disposable plastic cups (but significantly reduced)
- Disposable plastic beverage containers are only approved if their lids and closures are attached to them
- Compostable alternatives made from vegetable and renewable raw materials (e.g. cellulose, sugar cane, palm leaf, paper)
- Grain-based edible cutlery and crockery
- All alternatives must be HACCP compliant
2023 and the future of the reusable obligation
In addition, a ban could be passed that forbids disposing of single-use plastic products free of charge.
FAQ - Frequently asked questions